Stains?

Okay when i moved into to my apartment almost a year ago i had brand new carpet. Now my carpet has all kinds of stains and i dont understand why. I have no pets. What can i use to get these stains out and will it harm my son?

giovannismom19

Asked by giovannismom19 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I hope this helps... I have 3 kids and tons of pets :) needless to say carpet stains are very common - anything from grape juice, pet throw-up to nail polish! I love Sol-U-Mel - it is all natural - non-toxic and works great! You can find info on this and the other non-toxic cleaning products available at www.saferforyourhome.com. All the products come with a 100% satisfaction, money back guarantee. I use all of the products - they not only work fantastic, but they I save money - much more economical than store and national brands. Please let me know if you would like anymore info.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• A steam cleaner works wonders! If you can't afford to buy one, you can probably rent one for about $30. Some of my local grocery stores rent them out.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I want to add in there that i tried shampooing my carpets and they didnt come out.
    giovannismom19

Comment by giovannismom19 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• ya thats the best way to go but dont let your baby play on the floor till its completly dry they say a week it pulles up nasties in the floor that can make you son sick..... but i do my carpets every 6 months its safe if your carefull
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 4:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If it's a lot of surface areas look for a company that uss an encapsulation method of cleaning...it does a better, longer lasting job than traditional steam cleaners....and the water they use can damage carpets and even cause mold and mildew growth.

For spots and just a few areas go to home depot and look for a spot treater called FOLEX, it works wonders. www.folex.org we use it inour carpet cleaning business
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• have you tried hydrogen peroxide?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 8, 2010