How do I get curls to stay?

I have straight hair. I try to curl it for nice occasions but, they won't stay. They last for literally..20 mins. I make sure my hair is dry before I curl it and I use hairspray.

Any thoughts?

crazypianochick

Asked by crazypianochick at 1:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I'm no help. I have very thick, straight hair (slight wave to it if it's humid though) and curls just will not stay! I've tried everything from the curlers you sleep with in your hair, curling irons, those hot rollers, even a perm! the perm lasted maybe 1 week before it started going straight again. I've tried wet before curling, dry. everything. I'm just destined to have straight hair.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Try using moose or a curl booster before curling your hair and try a hair spray for hard to hold hair. That may help. Also a perm may help you keep the curl as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Do not wash your hair before you curl it. Let it's natural oils stay because it holds a better curl. So don't wash your hair the day you curl it basically. They have many different curl activating sprays. Stay away from hot, humid area's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Have you tried to roller set your hair and sit under the hair dryer? This should ensure that thecurls last.
    thedies

Answer by thedies at 10:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my sisters hair cannot hold curl for anything, I always put hairspray on the section I was about to curl, curl it then spray it again. After i had finished each section I sprayed all of her hair. She had curls all night and looked gorgeous. She was just happy because she had curl to her extremely straight hair.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My hair is the same... I was told to use shampoo and conditonor when i wash my hair the day I want to curl it and then I use curl booster hairspray. That works for me. Good Luck
    Lisse_2006

Answer by Lisse_2006 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Thanks ladies:) Your ideas were helpful.
    crazypianochick

Answer by crazypianochick at 2:47 AM on Oct. 21, 2008