It turns me off and it makes hubby mad

My husband drinks sometimes and when he does, he smells sooooo bad and I can't stand to be around him. I've told him this, but he doesnt understand it. Then when he wants to have sex, he gets mad because I tell him no, because I can't stand the smell of the alcohol. Even if he just has one beer, I smell it and Im turned off. He has cut back a lot, because I think he is starting to get it, but am I wrong for feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• no youre not wrong. but its completely repulsive when they are totally wasted and sweat that crap out.. UGH it is the nastiest thing EVERRRRRR
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Have you tried asking him to brush and gargle before trying to have sex after he drinks? Also If you have one drink you wont smell his breath. Dont ask me why, but if you have a drink you wont be able to smell his booze breath.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• He has brushed his teeth and gargled and it doesnt help, I still smell it and I cant drink because just the smell of beer is nasty to me and I cant stomach it-something that I carried over from being pregnant-thats when it started.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• beer is definetly the worst smelling alcohol out there..maybe see if he'll drink something else, like a rum n coke or something...or if YOU brush yer teeth and garggle before hand or have a really strong mint or something, it masks HIS smell..could try that..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Maybe get him to buy wine instead? It smells alot better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You're not wrong for being turned off by the smell. Tell him to shower and brush before he tries to get frisky. My hubby smoked when we first started dating and that got rid of the smell...
    roxy85

Answer by roxy85 at 4:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I dont see why you should have to compermise anything especially your time spent with him. It should be valued as quality. Drinking or being drunk is an insult. Your absolutely right the smell of drinking is repulsive regardless of what he has drank. I disagree that you should drink with him, why should you drop to his level of non- soboritey. . Dont get me wrong, I like a beer or glass of wine on occasion, but its uncalled for in a relationship. Im sure you could handle this "smell" if it was occasional, but I have a feeling its on a daily basis...??? My advise is... keep your standards hon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• No, you are not wrong! It used to turn me off too. When I was married to my ex, every time they came in and had alcohol on their breath, I could of vomited. It was a BIG turn off to me. I can understand exactly where you are coming from!!!!!!!!!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• u can smell one beer/ drink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Sur you can, and it stinks!! It is a Big turn off to a lot more women than you think!! I've heard a lot of women say the same thing!!! I wouldn't, couldn't, and won't.!!!! Even if it is one drink!!!!!!!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2008