My son has strained his voice and I was wondering if I should take him to the dr or send him to school. He has no other symptoms, swelling or reddness that I can see and says it dosen't hurt. School or dr?

Shall I just keep him home from school, call the dr or let him go to school if he feels up to it?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 2:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I'm probably answering too late, but I'd send him to school. Just send the teacher a note to let her know and tell him to try not to talk too much.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• school! thats just like a pulled muscle, not contagious and not painful. School it is!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 3:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Thanks ladies, unfortunately he turned my alarm clock off thie morning, little bugger! He isn't talking as much today and hopefully he will be better tomorrow. Thanks ladies!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2008