What foods do you miss in pregnancy?

Being pregnant of course there are certain foods we have to avoid. And of course we must avoid alcohol. What do you miss?

CherBearCM

Asked by CherBearCM at 2:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had the WORST cravings for Costco hot dogs! LOL Boy, I missed them. I was also an avid coffee drinker before pregnancy, but even the smell of it made my stomach turn when I was pregnant. I was glad to enjoy it again after I had my son.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I was told to go easy on the seafood.
    So I was going INSANE for sushi, crab, shrimp and lobster...
    I had tuna every now and then but I wanted the good stuff!!!!
    oh yes and coffee, during my pregnancy I wanted coffee so bad and now I don't even drink the stuff! lol
    Mari_C

Answer by Mari_C at 2:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• So far I am not missing anything! Of course I'm not very far along either, lol.
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 3:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• All of them!!! I was dealing with hyperemesis gravidarum when I was pregnant, which basically means morning sickness x's 1,000 24 hours a day every day. There wasn't much I could tolerate. With my first it was much worse, I think in part because the doctors I had then didn't understand the condition and spent all their time trying to convince me it was my fault rather than trying to do something helpful. I figure when all was said and done, I threw up about 4,000 times with my first, and about 3,000 with my last.
    When my son was born, right afterwards, the nurse asked me if she could get me anything...I said, "A turkey sandwich!". I hadn't eaten in 8 months!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i am going to miss eggnog... i love it idk why... other than that there really isnt anything different in my diet!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 6:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• With me, it's chocolate. First of all, it has caffeine in it, and I can't handle caffeine as it is, so I don't risk it with pregnancy. Secondly, if I eat ANYTHING sweet, it makes my stomach pucker and then I won't feel well. Oh, what I wouldn't give for a creamy hot chocolate on a crisp, cool autumn day ... :(
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 7:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• since i've been pg this time it's been italian food. it hasn't sounded good to me at all!
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• simple frowni big steaming cup of cappuccino and I know not having eggnog will be slow torcher

gerti

Answer by gerti at 8:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Mountain Dew
    MaysonsMommy805

Answer by MaysonsMommy805 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I couldn't keep anything down for the first 3 months and I was HUNGRY! I couldn't even go in the kitchen because if I smelled food or anything I would throw up in the trash can. I definitely couldn't eat garlic and just the thought of tomato sauce made me sick...so no pizza!!! Also fast food like fries totally gross me out now and I've thrown up Arby's twice. With my first I craved McD fries but this time no way. Now I'm 5 days from my due date and I'm able to eat pretty much anything again. There isn't too much in my normal diet that I need to avoid because I'm pregnant...so I don't miss too much.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2008