Baby pimples?

My 4 week old is breaking out all over her face. I heard white zits are from their milk/formula, but she has red ones and some look all dried up like little scabs all over her face. Is there anything I can do to help or will it go away on it's own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will go away on its' own. Whatever you do, don't pick at them :) Some mild soap and a gentle washcloth will help them clear up faster, other than that, not much you can do.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• white zits are not from milk/formula. they are clogged by oil just like adult zits, my daughter was born with a few white pimples and she hadn't even eaten anything yet. anyway that red skin is very common. make sure you're washing and putting lotion on your babies face
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's pretty common. My son had them at that age, and they cleared up shortly on their own.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's just the hormones from your body still working their way out in her body. Give it some time, keep her face clean (use a damp wash cloth, no soap, as soap can further exacerbate the problem). Do wash her face with soap two times a week, and definitely rinse off her face after she eats. They will most likely go away on their own, and probably cause her no discomfort. My doctor said for bad flare ups, to use a little bit of zinc cream, the same diaper rash cream you already use, and put a very thin layer on the bad spots. That worked wonders within a day for my baby.

Hope that helps!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 4:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My daughter had these kind of bumps when she was little my doctor said they will clear up on it's own. It cleared up after a couple of weeks
    MsPhyllis1985

Answer by MsPhyllis1985 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Happens very often Cetaphil cleared my DD's up quickly.Congrats on your LO.=)
    )
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My son had a little baby acne, but it went away fast on it's own. However, my niece had it pretty bad and my sister used hydrocortisone cream and that seem to do the trick.
    Rydens_Mommy

Answer by Rydens_Mommy at 5:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You know I just answered this question in the *contest* nut I just remembered my ped had told me to put some breastmilk on the places to help them clear up. I had totally forgotten about that. I don't remember if it worked or not...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My son had the same thing and they went away on there own
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The zits are not from formula. Babies are often born with zits nd it is from your hormones. baby was exposed to them in utero. The will go away on their own. Do not scrub the face or use any special soap or extra cleansing.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010