I LIKE TO PAINT BUT CAN STAND THE SMELL

I WONT TO PAINT MY TRAILOR AND REDO SOMETHINGS I WONT SOME PAINT THAT DONT HAVE THAT BAD SMELL CAUSE I CANT GET SOME OF THE WINDOWS OPEN ITS AN VERY OLD TRAILOR BUT IT WAS GIVE TO ME SO CANT COMPAIN? WELL I GOING REDO SOME FLOORS CAUSE WEAK ,LIKE BATHROOM, HALL WAY,AND MY ROOM ,AND KITCHION AND LIVING ROOM,SMALL TRAILOR WONT TAKE MUCH,

tifywify

Asked by tifywify at 2:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I have heard that if you put just a little vanilla flavoring in the paint it won't smell, but I have not tried it.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 3:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You can get low/no odor paint at Lowe's or Home Depot. If it's still a problem, maybe you could hire a friend or relative to do it, and stay away for a day or so.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• There are low odor paints. You can also add a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla per gallon. If you try this, you can use regular vanilla if you don't mind a very slight "browning" of the color or you can get colorless vanilla. This is usually sold where cake decorating supplies are sold - not in the grocery store but places like Joanns Crafts and Michaels Crafts. If does help a lot.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2008