I don't know how to do this...

I got divorced 2 years ago and it tore me apart. Now, I've been in a relationship for a year and I really loved this man. It just hasn't worked and he is leaving me. I have to live with him for 3 more weeks and I don't know how to deal with the pain. It's just too much. How do you deal with the pain of a breakup? I have no friends here to help get my mind off it... I want to be strong for my DD, but I can't even manage to focus on work right now... Somebody please advise!

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 4:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• i am so sorry that u r going through this but u have to be strong and you can do it it is his lose anyways so go out and do something for you! good luck girl;)
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• oh mamma i'm sorry. I would just concentrate on my child and keep my self busy until the 3 weeks is up. I'm guessing the 3 weeks are a housing situation? Maybe you can go and stay with a relative?
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• In 3 weeks, i will be moving back to California. I had to give my notice at work otherwise I would of been gone today. I have no family here I can stay with...
    allfiller

Comment by allfiller (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Please go seek out counseling. There are many great counselors out there that would be able to help you get through this and have you be stronger in the long run. Your daughter will benefit from you being a stronger mommy. Good luck, I wish you the best.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 4:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'd tell my work that it's an emergency and I have to go. I wouldn't stay there.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm sorry this is happening to you...the best advice I can give you is, to take this experience and learn from it....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yeah i would leave and not try to tuff that one out. The longer you stay the worst its gonna be. Leave and go be with ppl that care for you. It will get better. Just take this as a lesson learn.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Focus on yourself and your DD
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010