Is this a part of pregnancy or should i be worried?!?

This afternoon when I went to use the restroom I noticed a light brown discharge in my panties and I just ignored it as one of those things that comes along with pregnancy but then I read another womans post asking if it was normal and one of the ladies basically said no and to go to the doctor.Should I be worried or was this information untrue.I'm worried at this point and hoping for REAL advice from someone who knows what they're talking about!

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 2:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's normal, especially early on. Bright red and/or period flow and cramping are worrysome signs, but just some light, brown spotting by itself is probably no reason to worry. However, if you are uncomfortable call your Dr.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 2:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• PS I spotted when I would have had my period for the first 3 months of pregnancy and my Dr was never worried; brown blood is old blood. (Again, cramping, heavy flow, and bright red are bad signs.) I hope this helps.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 2:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree with the pp. Up until i was 3 months I would have very light brownish spotting with my first, and the first month with my first. everyone is different. Just watch for the bright red and the cramping.
    congrats!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 2:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had light brown spotting through my entire pregnancy and had a beautiful perfect baby boy. If it is brigth red go to the er but ligth brown check in with doc just to be sure everything is fine but 99% sure its nothing at all
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 3:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Spotting, as long as it isn't "fresh"...ie bright red...is normal and usually nothing to worry about. If it seems excessive or you are just plain worried, then by all means contact your OB and ask them about it. But if it's minimal and there's no other symptoms, then I wouldn't worry about it.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I had brownish spotting of and on during my pregnancy. My doctor said my cervix was extra sensitive. How far along are you?
    busybee914

Answer by busybee914 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm only 8weeks along and thanks ladies for the advice I feel much better but I will be sure to mention it to the Doc at my next appointment!
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2008