PMS and parenting

I have two children that are less than a year apart, and the oldest one is 19 months. I usually have pretty good patience and understanding with both of them...but when I am PMSing I just want to scream, all the time. I try to do calming exercises, breathing, less caffeine, more fruits and veggies and vitamin supplements. It just doesn't help. I feel like I am on the brink every day I have PMS and even found myself yelling today at my daughter for no real reason and using the F word. I hate myself now, and feel like I am the worst mom in the world. What do I do? How do I get past this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• First of all just try and stay calm - you are NOT the worst mom in the world so don't beat yourself up! We all do this. If you ever need a rant you can PM me and I will listen to whatever you want to say. I've found the biggest thing is getting it all out! I personally find it easier to stress at strangers because I don't worry about judgement.

The best of luck to you.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've been there! I take a moment to myself, even if it's just for a few minutes. Sometimes just recognizing that you're in a bad mood, as opposed to denying it, makes a big difference in how you're able to deal with it. Also, let your spouse or significant other take an extra shift from you while you go take a warm bath or go shopping, that always helps me.
    asnerakmommyto2

Answer by asnerakmommyto2 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010