positive abortions?

Has anyone ever had a positive experience having an abortion? As anyone ever walked away feeling good about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Health

• When I was 17 I had an abortion and although it was hard in the end I knew it was the right thing to do.I was on my own with no job and going to school all day and I had noone to help and I was in and out of the hospital for various illness's that I've been battling since I was young so yes I felt I did the right thing.Now that I am on my feet and at a heathly point in my life I have gotten pregnant again and am definitly keeping this child.
    Sarah0306

Answer by Sarah0306 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• If you are questioning the decision my guess is regardless of the number of people who have had a positive experience with abortion this will not be a positive on for you. For your own good and that of your child please reconsider your options and feel free to message me if you would like some help
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• What could be positive about terminating a pregnancy? If there's such a thing, one of my sister's had one. Her husband left her, she wasn't 100% sure who the father was, she was already a single mom, working and going to school. She grieved for a while, got on BC, and later got remarried and had another baby. I know 2 people that really ended up mental after having them, and I know 1 person who has had 3 in the last year. I think she's a little crazy regardless and doesn't mind having abortions, she won't get on BC, and she's a crappy mother to the kids she has. She had 1 she gave up to adoption, 1 that lives with his uncle, 1 that died of SIDS, and 3 that she kept.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have never seen or heard of a positive abortion. Pregnancy is overwhelming, but there are ways to do and get everything. Google abortion and you'll find a website of people that have had them. There are a ton of true stories from girls, and they all regret it so much. If you truly cannot have a baby, then consider adoption. There are people out there that cannot have children, that will cover all of your pregnancy expenses. Please feel free to message me if you need somebody to talk to, trust me, I was in the same shoes as you asking the same questions!! I hope you make the right decision for you!
    Rowdeesmom

Answer by Rowdeesmom at 9:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I actually already had one. While I don't think it should be recommended as birth control, I felt very good about my decision. Relieved. I still do. There were a lot of other factors that I wont get into here.

I asked this question because I think that there is an overwhelming amount of negative stories that fill the media. One reason may be because very rarely are women willing to say that they were happy about their decision. I think because they fear social scrutiny. Another reason, I think, is because pro-lifers invest so much time and energy into influencing others decisions. What do you think?
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon 8:38 10/14/08. I too don't regret my decision. I would never do it again, but I was not ready to care for a child. No excuse as to the fact that i shouldn't have been having sex, I got prego when i lost my "V" so no i don't look back and think i should have done differently, I think i made the right decision at the time
    Anonymous