Do you use the 'secret'?

Have you ever used the "secret" and has it worked for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The what? What secret? I'm lost...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I am lost too, what is the secret? Can you explain it to us? So that we can have an understanding of what you are talking about. Please explain to us who do not know, I for one would like to know what the secret is. Thanks!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes, I've used The Secret and yes, it does work. "The Secret" is the BIG movie and book on The Law of Attraction.

The thing that The Secret doesn't tell you is that you have to be consistent and you have to take action when "spirit" talks to you. The biggest problem I have is I'll be positive and all gung-ho for a little while and then I get frustrated that it's the same SH-- (usually because something unexpected shows up about that time) and then I sort of get MAD. lol. And then I know it's my own fault that I'm not attracting what I WANT.

But yes, it does work. You know how they talk about lining up parking spots? I've done that lots of times. It's great. And I've received unexpected checks in the mail and all that. The KEY POINT that the movie doesn't say is you HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT in your positive thoughts.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes, I did use my Secret this morning, I sure hope I don't smell. It's been a pretty good deodorant for a long time. I do like some of the new smells. Usually it works pretty good. Just trying to give everyone a good laugh for the day!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• isn't "the Secret" simply prayer. Your asking for something to come to you and focusing on that. Thats prayer the way I understand it. All the secret does is take God out of it. If it works for you calling it " The Secret" then go with it , but all it really is is prayer. Or vice versa for the non-religious folks.
    ceciandrew

Answer by ceciandrew at 12:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• What are you people talking about?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It doesn't take God out of it. Most of the teachers of The Secret and the law of attraction knows that God is very much a part of it. But instead of people begging and then having the inner knowing that they're not going to get whatever they're asking for, they instead thank God (or the universe or spirit or whatever you want to call it) for it even though it hasn't happened. In fact, it's the same thing Jesus taught. If you want something to occur, you have to believe that it already exists. If you want health, believe that you're healthy. If you want money, believe that you already have it and be grateful for it.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have attempted to use The Secret, but it's extremely hard to keep up with the positive thinking every day.
    StoneFox

Answer by StoneFox at 1:30 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The Secret is the power of positive thought... I use it all the time and it WORKS!
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I love the deodorant comment!!
    Anonymous