How often do your kids miss the bus?

It doesn't happen very often but it's such a pain when it does happen to us!

science_spot

Asked by science_spot at 4:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in

• My oldest used to do it all the time when she was in 1st grade. Problem was I didn't have a car, the school was several miles away up a huge hill with no sidewalks on any of the narrow, winding, steep roads and I and I had 3 other kids under the age of 5 to contend with.
    If she missed the bus she missed school for the day. I got tired of her screwing around and missing the bus that the last time she did it I pulled out a bucket of water and a sponge and made her wash walls until lunch time and then after lunch she had to stay in her bed and read. She never missed the bus again (she was 6 and had plenty of time to get ready in the morning).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have had it happen once and it had to be the time. We only had one car at the time. Because the other one was in the shop. So I was calling around my family and friends. To see who could get her to school. Thank goodness my sister was going in to work later that morning.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• wow...it most b nice to have a bus pick your kids up...not here in the city (Wash,DC)...we have to get our own way to schhol ...Enjoy :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 6:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My dd rode the bus for one semester - she missed it 3 times. I made other arrangements - LOL
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• never cause I take them..LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree with never, because I drive them. First we lived to close for the bus and now our oldest goes to a charter school and there is no bus service. Be happy with having a bus!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:31 AM on Sep. 8, 2010