If someone asks a question and posts a link...could you please read everything before commenting?

Or at least get the gist of the whole article before you throw out some lame comment that has nothing to do with the the actual post? Why would you even bother to answer if you only read the first line of the article...?

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 4:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Perhaps they're slow readers? ;)
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 4:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Which question did this happen on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i don't read links..if it ain't in the question, i pass it up..usually. however, if the poster asks a direct question, i may answer just on the guidance of the question alone. too many times the actual 'question' is more of an opinion that the poster wants positive feedback/agreement on, and the link is used as a 'see, i told you i was right'..as you find out when you read through the responses. those are the questions that doesn't take much sobriety 'to get the gist of'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:11 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Nevermind, I found it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Mine was did you see an article and what did you think..not really wanting opinions that agree with me.-

i see. that's my point, though; i would've had to click the link to understand the question, so i passed it.

at least, i think i did. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• LOL..maybe, but, I asked a question about an article and one person commented on something not even really important in the article missing the point completely.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Mine was did you see an article and what did you think..not really wanting opinions that agree with me.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010