Has your SO ever done something to you in the past, that when you look back now, you cant believe you stayed with him after he had done such a thing? adult content

Been w/ SO for 6 years now. About 4 years ago we got our first apartment, and my Uncle had really helped us out with furniture and everything. My SO didnt bring or buy any furniture, all he brought was his clothes & xbox. My uncle gave us everything, and I bought whatever we were missing. Well about a year after we moved in together, we were in a tough spot. He had been drinking alot and it was really starting to wear me down the way he acted and talked to me. So, I decided to leave. I only had a car so I packed what I could and moved in with my sister. That night he calls me and told me to come get my sh*t bc he was throwing all of it outside. It was pouring down raining. I go there with my sister to pick it up and EVERYTHING was broken. My computer, monitor, printer, scanner, 32" TV, Hair curlers, blow dryer, and he even went far enough to CUT UP my couch and loveseat. We wound up back together 4 months later. I look back no

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• wow,thats fcked up. did he buy ya new stuff when you got back together?
    but yes i have.. on my 21st birthday, me and my SO and some friends were at the bar (this was before we had a child) and we got into a fight, when we left, he was driving my car and something happened where i called him an asshole, and he pulled away from a green light and drove 80 miles an hr in a 25 mile an hr st and totaled my car with me & my best friend in it. i had broken verterbra and she had a herniated disc and we were all brought to the hospital.
    what the fuck was i thinking.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes but then 8 months later I came to my senses and left him.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I look back at lies he told me and can not believe I actually was so dumb that I believed it!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 5:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Sorta.... But thankfully my Hubby's never done anything like that to me. I don't think I would have ended up back with him.... Although anger does make us (all humans) do some pretty stupid & low things..

Mine was a jerk when I was having a son. He took off with some friends. I was really upset & we broke up because of it. (Mind you when our son was born he was sorta there. I had to have a C-section & the docs told him to stay away because he has a really really really weak stomach. But he was near by.... It was the night before I had my child.) It took me for forever to forgive him for leaving....
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 5:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yeah but by the time I realized what's up, I was hooked on the jacka&&

Answer by admckenzie at 5:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• we were all different in the beginning, then grow over time together. Me and DH are way difft now than when we first met. For better or worse, we tough it out and work out our problems together. Just I hope I go before he does, I wouldn't know what to do without him.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:05 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I wonder that everyday why i stay he doesn't do anything like that it's complicated though
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes, one of my exes cheated on me constantly, a couple of times right in front of me. With my best friends (or so I thought), with my cousin, with the dog, whatever moved was fair game I guess! We had a couple of physical fights. I actually stuck around for 5 years lettng myself get treated that way. I finally found a real man and couldn't be happier.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yes, his sister pretty much took over my title as mother, gave me the hardest life ever and i thought i couldnt get away and just stayed. i should of left him but im still with him as of today. she still cant break her habit of trying to be a mother to my kids and a wife to my husband but im still with him today and i dont know why. i know i was stupid then and thought i had to stay in that enviroment while he just sat back and watched. if she was bad now as she was back then, i would leave him in a heartbeat anytime.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• To that extent, no, thank god.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010