How long should I wait to make this cake?

I am entering a cake into the fair.. It is due on monday for judgeing... I have a lot of decorating to do on the cake. How soon can I bake and start decorating and for it to stay pretty fresh?

I dont think it will be eaten, but I know it maybe a possibility.
I am covering it in icing not fondant. So I need some ideas on when I can bake and start decorating this large cake?

Thanks

MommySteph1011

Asked by MommySteph1011 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The day before...GL Have fun!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If you have room in your fridge, or can make room, then bake it sunday. You can start frosting sunday night, and put on whatever finishing touches you decide on Monday before you bring it over. Good luck, I hope you win!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• what kind are you making
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 5:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You can make the cake anytime and freeze it, but I would decorate it until the day before.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010