PLEASE READ!!! i dont know what this is..!!!!!! please i need some advice/input!!

i keep getting sharp pains down my stomach and tightening, it feel like the baby and my uterus tightening, but i cant tell. i have bad diarrhea too, i havent felt this pain yet...its really low too.... what do you think it is? im only 23 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if i were you i would call the dr and see what they say cuz you might be in prelobar and you dont want to end up having your baby this early
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Tightening pain usually means contractions if it's on your lower belly. Sometimes they can be false contractions (Braxton Hicks) But usually B.H don't hurt like real labor contractions. If your belly is feeling like it is tightening up in a ball and getting hard start timing it. If you really are in preterm labor the contractions will be at a set time apart like for example they may start out every 20 minutes then every 10 minutes...and so on. If you are having this feeling every 10 minutes or less go to the E.R.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Go to the doctor, labor and delivery, or the emergency room. Your better off safe than sorry. Good luck!
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 3:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You might try calling your doctor, because they can ask you specific questions and help you rule things out and help you decide whether you need to go to the hospital. Does the pain come and go? Try drinking some water (at least a full glass), and laying down on your left side. If that doesn't make the pain go away, definitely call the doc. However, if the pain is more superficial (meaning it's on the skin), it might just be your skin stretching to accommodate the baby.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions and the sharp pains may be from a urinary tract infection. The are common in pregnancy and this is why most doc's offices checks your urine every time. I would call my doc if I were you because UTIs can get really serious and they can cause preterm labor.
    mommyjen1980

Answer by mommyjen1980 at 7:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It could be the ligaments stretching. I felt that way around the middle of my pregnancy too.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2008