not to offend anyone or be mean or a big ol' B.....

but when i award you best answer...PLEASE!! PLEASE!! do not reply to that mail and say "thanks" it'd be much better if you left it in my chatterbox or something but if you reply to the email, i get excited and think that I was awarded best answer...what a let down when i discover its just a reply to say thanks. :(

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree... I hate all those "Thanks for the best answer" notes... It makes me not want to award them at all! I see it as another form of Junk Mail... Leave me a chatter or something if you really feel you need to say thanks, but I didn't award you so I could get credit.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• you don't want politeness? OOOOK then.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Interesting. I love it when people thank me for giving them best answer. I think it's polite to thank someone for giving you something. It has actually started me talking to other mom's on here, and I have friended a couple on that basis.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 5:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I like getting the "thanks!"... the Best Answer email you get from CafeMom is automatically generated. It takes extra time for someone to personally right back saying thank you. I especially like when I am awarded best answer and the person sends an extra note with follow up info or personally thanking for the answer or asking another question privately.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• like anyone's gonna remember your request out of all the other CMers. maybe you should put a 'do not reply if i pick you as BA' disclaimer with your questions???
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Ok.. first of all this is not even a question.. this is something that should have went into your journal or something.. not here in the Answer section... And yes you are being rude... Some people just want to be nice and say thank you... They are just being decent human beings.
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 5:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I guess it doesn't bother me at all. Whats the big deal?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• wow...i always say thank you and i think it's rude when people don't!!!!!!!! If you look at the email correctly it's a RE.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It comes in the form of RE: that should be a huge clue that it's not a BA. I will still thank anyone for BA this way since it's much easier than going to their profile to the chatterbox. Sorry if that upsets you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Wow, after seeing this I know of at least two members whose questions I will be avoiding from now on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010