I decided. . . .

that I should run.
I will not raise taxes. Instead it will go back to the early days when there was no tax and everyone lived nicely.
We will not help out other countries unless they set up payment plans, and are good on them for about 3-6 months to show they are worth it.
'In God We Trust' will be allowed to be displayed anywhere it was origionally put. And if you don't like it, then i'm sorry, don't use it.
Immagrants will be treated the same way they were way way way back in the day. Shave their heads, and make them learn english. Work their way up to show that they really do want to be an american.
Family time needs to be something that is required for each family. (ok, thats my own thing. .sorry. . )
Eye for an Eye. (need I say anything else?)

:-)
any voters??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• sorry, not from me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Are you serious?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Somebody hasn't read their history very well. No taxes? Hmmm. You're taking us back to...oh...the cave man days.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You've got my vote. The candidates we do have probably could not pass a history test.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 5:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Sorry, but how could the country run without tax dollars? By no tax, you literally mean NO TAX, right? Where would even teachers or librarians get their money? I don't think accepting food rations as payment is optional anymore!
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 7:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• "'In God We Trust' will be allowed to be displayed anywhere it was origionally put. " Really! It wasn't originally put anywhere, so does that mean we could get rid of it? It didn't appear on our money until 1864 and didn't become the official US motto until 1956, and "Under God" wasn't added to the pledge until 1954.

Oh, also, "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" That's right, I'm quoting Gandhi at you!

craftyleah

Answer by craftyleah at 8:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• So as an African American I'm wondering when you say treat immigrants the way that they did a long time ago, does that include slavery??? Maybe you wouldn't considered my ancestors immigrants because they didn't choose to come over here?? I don't know, but either way my ancestors didn't belong to this country so saying immigrants should be treated like they were a long time ago is ignorant.
    Also when you say immigrant I'm assuming you're speaking of hispanics. People from England can immigrate into America, but guess what??? Their official language is english...what are you going to do to them?
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 8:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Nope, you don't get my vote.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 9:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree with parts. In God we trust and the 10 commandments should be displayed wherever someone pleases. Immigrants should also be required to learn the language, ( at least the basics) not only for us to understand them, but for their well being also, but you don't have to shave their heads, that is demeaning. There has to be some taxes, if youre going to have public schools and public works, you need tax money. We could use a tax reform.
    GO MCCAIN.
    armywife_2000

Answer by armywife_2000 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• LOL, I think the shaving of the head (which I can't say I have ever heard of being a part of becoming a citizen) was probably b/c there was a severe lice problem? Maybe? LOL Too funny.
    Remember, when you find things like this in our history, there were reasons. We might not do our homework and find out the why's but there WAS a reason.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2008