Toddler Frustration

My son is really into sharing, which is great but its getting on my nerves. He tries to give me his snacks all the time and if I won't take them, he tries to grab my hand and make me take it or just shove it in my mouth. I want him to share but how can I teach him that not everyone wants what's being offered and its not polite to force them to take something.

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 5:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmmm thats a good one lol. When my daughter used to do that I would just tell her no thank you and kinda push it towards her mouth and i would say that is for you!! And when she would eat it I would clap and say yay!!!!
    ladybugky88

Answer by ladybugky88 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Thats what we do too! Our lil girl likes to stuff Daddy and Nanny with gummies-and Mama's the only one who likes gummies! Eventually we tap her hands and say No No, you eat.
    mamafultz88

Answer by mamafultz88 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2010