Energy Drinks While Pregnant!!???

I hope this isn't a common thing! Did I miss something here? Someone I know was getting an ultrasound and she wanted to know what she was having so she said she was going to have an energy drink so the baby would move around. I told her why I didn't think it was a great idea and she told me she does it all the time. Last I checked you weren't supposed to drink those while pregnant. Am I missing something here? I thought those were dangerous for children!

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are correct. They are not good for anyone much less pregnant women
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Most doctors will tell you that if you drink a Mt Dew before an appt, the baby will move more.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Energy drinks have way too much caffeine, not to mention other crap, for pregnant women. If you want the baby to move a simple glass of orange juice has enough sugar to do the trick.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That's way too much caffeine for both mom and the baby. My doctor always told me to have juice if I wanted my baby to move. I really hope her doctor didn't recommend she have an energy drink before her appointment.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 5:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Mt Dew is caffine, energy drinks have taurine, chromimum picolinate, yohimbe. etc
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've heard of drinking some orange juice before an ultrasound but never an energy drink or a caffiene filled soda.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I dont even drink soda often, but did you know that the Gestational diabetes test drink is worse for you than 12 cups of coffee? ust saying! You dont know , maybe he doc recommended it, ust because you or I wouldnt do it doesnt make her wrong!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Ha! I just answered my own question! I went in the fridge and read the lable. It says NOT SUITABLE FOR PREGNANT OR NURSING WOMEN. It can cause heavy heart palpataitions and high blood pressure. Yeah, pretty sure there IS very much something wrong with that.
    Ginseng and guarana are not safe for babies.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Not very responsible IMO
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yeah I would try and stay away from the energy drinks. I still have a can or 2 of soda and a cup of coffee a day but my dr days that is fine I just cant fo and drink a pot of coffee or a 6 pack of soda. I never heard of the orange juice before an ultrasound before I should try that mine is coming up this month and I really want to know the sex of the baby thanks for the advice
    Kennithsmom233

Answer by Kennithsmom233 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010