Can I

bake pork chops with a rice in the oven... if so do i just use the regular amount of water etc that the rice calls for and how long do u think it should cook.

tiffany0317

Asked by tiffany0317 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you could do it just like you would chicken and rice with the same 2:1 water to rice ratio, but I think pork chops might come out a little tough that way.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I usually bake porkchops at least an hour at 350, but I have never put rice w/ them. I would think the water ratio would be just like any other baked rice dish.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 5:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• thank u both... i dont think they will be tough as long as they dont dry out while they are cooking... hope it turns out good. just wanted something different for once
    tiffany0317

Comment by tiffany0317 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If it were me, I would prepare them seperate. Fry the chops in a couple of Tablespoons of oil with your favorite seasonings. Prep the rice on stove then combine them and put them in oven. Another option is to use the pan drippings to make gravy. Just add enough flour to pan to soak up grease after prepping chops and add milk , cook slow and presto. I like alot of pepper and a little bit of chicken base added to gravy. Happy meal prepping.... :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 5:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Cover the pork and rice dish with tin foil while cooking.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i always fry my chops and prepare my rice separte... im just looking for a little something new.. im also about to have my 4th baby and am trying to avoid fried stuff because i have a horrible gallbladder, anything greasy or fried is a bad mix for me and anything i can just throw together and not have to stand over for long is gonna be great with 4 kids under 4 there isnt much time for being in one place for long at all. Thank u for the comment tho. and i did cover them in foil while cooking. thank u also
    tiffany0317

Comment by tiffany0317 (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010