She's smells, poor girl!

My daughter is almost 3 and has been potty trained for some time now, however she stinks. I watch her wipe and am satisfied with how she wipes. Regardless of her still trying to wipe from the back. I still wipe her pooh's. But she just has this pissy odour. She still wears a diaper at night (refuses to let her night time drink go just yet) and her urine has the most foul odour to it. She has been tested for infections before, I'll probably take her again soon, but has anyone had this issue before and what did you do?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 4:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• All of the above are good reasons that she might smell...in the mean time to help with it, you might have her try to use wet wipes (like Kandoo) after toileting to help freshen her up in between baths.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'd take a look at what she's eating and drinking. Some foods and drinks have very strong odors that make urine have a foul odor. I can't think of which ones right off the bat, but I would say think about what she eats/drinks and if something stands out as a very regular thing, maybe eliminate it for a couple of days and see if it makes a difference. Other than an infection, that's all I can think of.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i agree with the above poster. Also, if you can get her to drink more water this will lighten her urine and maybe it won't be so strong.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:17 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Also, this just dawned on me...does she take vitamins? Vitamins do affect your urine.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• There's nothing that stands out in her eating habits. She drinks water, milk and waterdowned apple juice. Occasionally she'll have a juice box. I'll try to pay more attention to what she takes in though, Thanks!!!
    The wipes are a great idea, I"ll definately give it a try!
    Thanks everyone!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 14, 2008