Cyanotic heart defect?

Any moms out there have a baby who was born with Transposition of the Great Arteries?

Rydens_Mommy

Asked by Rydens_Mommy at 5:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Health

• I am a longtime Nicu nurse- TGV is one of the most fixable cardiac defects. There is medicine that is used to keep the PDA open and oxygenated flowing to all vital areas until the surgical correction is complete. The correction involves the switching of main arteries so that the PA is routed to the lungs and the Aorta is connected to the left side of the heart. Do you have any specific questions?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Not really any questions. Just wondering if any other moms out there has a baby that had it. It's nice to feel like you're not the only one going through something. I guess I do have one question. Are there any long term side effects or things that can happen down the road?
    Rydens_Mommy

Comment by Rydens_Mommy (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010