Do you get frustrated?!

My toddler drives me nuts sometimes and just doesn't listen. :( It seems I have to yell at her just to even pay attention to her, and I only get mad like this when she does things that's going to hurt her! I've tried EVERYTHING and it's the only thing that even seems to work. Then I feel horrible. Anybody else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think every mom gets frustrated, you're not human if you don't. I know I do :o)
    asnerakmommyto2

Answer by asnerakmommyto2 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• absolutely. My 20 month old is too smart for her age. I can not get her to stop climbing on the things especially when she will either fall and hurt herself or it could tip over on top of her.
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Every parent gets frustrated. If someone says they don't I'll call them a liar! Samuel loves to talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. He's almost 3 years old. Sometimes I have to be like Samuel..okay..be quiet for a minute so I can hear me think..lmbo.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 5:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My son is the exact same way!!! I must tell him 098439587394875983475983475983745987345 times to do something for he even pays attention to me, then he's like, "What Mommy!?" GRRRRRR.... He's going to be 3 in October, and I want to strangle him sometimes. No matter how much I fuss or yell, he's always going to either ignore me or throw a fit. I have NO patience when it comes to him sometimes. I seem to have more patience with the 13 year old and the 12 year old! Puberty and a Toddler.... Hmmm... You'd think it would be the other way around... oh well.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yes. i get frustrated when my ten and a half month old son won't take his nap. he will be rubbing his eyes and yawning but won't lie down for his nap. he gets fussy when he's tired but he'd rather play. i don't get frustrated at him. i just get frustrated because i can't get him to sleep. every parent gets frustrated. if anyone says they don't then that parent is lying.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• TOTALLY!!! I have a 4 year old, a two year old, and a 9 month old. I get ticked sometimes and tell my hubby I might as well tape myself saying what I'm saying cuz I repeat myself a million times anyway!! And it took me going through self torment due to guilt of getting aggravated before I realized IT'S NORMAL!!! Best wishes!
    mamafultz88

Answer by mamafultz88 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I completely do, 2 of my kiddos are teenagers and I still get this way. Sometimes I can't explain for the life of me why they do certain things, it's like a broken record. We keep asking and asking or talking about the right choices vs. bad choices and yet they choose the bad choice. It's just life I guess, I know I did it to my mom and I know my kids will most likely challenge me. It's very normal to feel what you feel; we have all been there, hugs momma!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My son is 6. More recently I am going crazy over him not being able to find anything he is looking for. So I am learning that it is just part of being a mommy and it is always great when you find other mommies that understand. It's great to bring your kid/s to someone's house and let them play. Then watch each other go nuts over the same "mommy things". It's actually kinda comforting. Silly, but comforting.
    DaisyCP

Answer by DaisyCP at 6:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's important to step back and take a deep breath. I know that sometimes my toddler gets soo involved in what they're doing, if if it's something off limits, that they turn off their hearing. It's a choice not to listen to what mom says and it's important for them, because if they listened they couldn't continue. That's why sometimes yelling gets the message across that you're being serious. I try my very best not to yell at my son, because yelling is a negative reaction. However, some days .. man I tell you yelling seems to be all I do. You just have to find ways to distract them before the disobedience starts. From the start of the day have them involved in acitivies, things they enjoy, and be involved with them. The more they're entertained, not tired, and not hungry, the less they'll get into trouble. This is what I've found to be true anyhow.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• All the time. My son is living with autism, and it's bad enough when I'm frustrated, but add his frustration to the mix and LOOK OUT!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010