What reasons do YOU think some people may not believe?

this question is basically for christians so if any believers answers are offensive to any of the non-believers..please do not attack ..its simply their beliefs (no reason to judge, right?)..if it irks you that much just give it a thumbs down..i don't want this to turn into a war. I would just like to know what are some of the reasons YOU as a believer think non believers may not believe...

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I'm a non-believer, but I'm kind of curious what kind of answers you're going to get, myself...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would imagine they don't believe bc they don't believe. (no faith in the concept they are being sold) It's that simple. Look at how many people have been scammed by religious beliefs over time. They don't want to be another one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm with Anouck..LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I used to be a christian..but stopped when i was 16 (im 27 now) i stopped because all the church ever did was ask for money from people, and it pissed me off..we need money for this, we need money for that, these people need money for this, these people are going to away they need money too..and the church i went to had about 400ppl in it, they did 4 services every sunday..3 in the AM 1 in the PM. I dunno, it just got annoying. and i went to a private school my whole life, and i was sick of hearing them say no..dont so thi, dont do that, no no no!! they never explained why, nothing..so yaa i gave up!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think it comes from something in their life that effected them, whether it was a bad life, things not going their way, or growing up with other non-believers. It's so gard to say...sometimes I think you just need some type of proof in order to believe, somthing to show you that God really exists. Some people just need that...proof.
    asnerakmommyto2

Answer by asnerakmommyto2 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Well, I think there are different reasons. Some people are the type who only go by logic and what can be proven, therefore religion or God seems too far-fetched or silly to them. I also think there are those who may have been treated badly by someone of a certain religion, or may have gone through something with their parents which made them want to go against the idea of God. I also think there are some who may have had a bad life, once believed in God, but felt abandoned or hurt that God didn't help them.There are many reasons, and I'm sure there are some that I wouldn't even think of.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am a christian I read my bible I do not go to church for the reason you don't alexis o6 I don't know why people do not believe the way I do and that is fine I do think that people should have faith in some thing no bashing on my part.
    nikkole42

Answer by nikkole42 at 6:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't believe.
    I cannot wrap my head around blind faith. The faith in something that doesn't have scientific proof to proove or disprove it is baffling to me. That explains my belief in science. It is hard facts that prove or disprove something exists. Even science starts off as a blind faith or theory, but with a process it can be shown to exist or not. Especially be shown how, why, and for how long. Science isn't 100%, but to me it has more credibility then the blind faith in religion.

I think that having faith in something is important. Whether it's religion, the paranormal, or even talking trees. As long as you have strength in knowing something is there to guide you. Having nothing is emptiness to me. That's why I have nothing against those who believe in religion, because it's something they know is true in their hearts. Just as I know science is true. It's just all faith.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I think it's just because people think way too much of themselves. They don't want to have to answer to anyone or be held accountable for anything that they do. It may not be as "fun" to them. So they can deny God and make themselves feel better with the way they live their lives.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 7:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It's a simple reason really... They don't have or haven't found the same proof in those beliefs which they have in their own. We all believe what we see as proven true... If they don't see truth in it, why should they, or how could the believe it? And we each find different proof in our lives.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010