So my dad was just taken off of life support.. adult content

They said he will probably be gone before my mom gets there. She plans to have him cremated and is going to send his ashes across the country to his sister so he can be buried by his parents. My question is.. Would it be really really wrong of me to ask my mom if she could get a little of his ashes put in a tiny bottle or something. So I can a have him too? She said there will be no funeral. I will not be able to find his burial spot.. ever. So would that be really wrong?

Amelia512

Asked by Amelia512 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• No I don't think it would be wrong. Who knows, maybe she never thought you would want a part of him with you...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't see anything at wrong with you asking. There are even little necklaces that you can get that hold a tiny bit of the ashes. My mom got me one when my Grandpa died. I'm sorry for you're loss, hon.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Nope, not wrong. I'd ask her or the crematorium.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i'm sorry =(..no not wrong at all..sounds like something i would ask
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What harm could it do to ask?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• btw, sorry for your loss!
    coder_chick

• First (((HUGS)))) Second I am sorry for your loss and no i do not think it would be wrong.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It wouldn't be wrong, you deserve to have a part of him...sorry for your loss
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I am sorry for your loss. I don't think that it's wrong for you at all to ask your mom; I hope she understands.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Why wouldn't you be able to find his burial spot? It would be wrong of her not to offer them to you. But, since she hasn't I would ask for some. That is not fair of her to purposefully have him buried where you couldn't find him. Even old cemeteries have lists of people that were buried there.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010