How can I safely get rid of Japanese beetles on my flowers?

I am looking for a safe and natural way to get the Japanese beetles off of my plants, I would appreciate any advice.

Asked by Roxanne0607 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Home & Garden

• There are 2 ways that work for me. A tablespoon of lemon-scented dish soap in a spray bottle with 2ish cups of water, or (if that doesn't work and you know a smoker) an unused cigarette in a spray bottle with 2ish cups of water (let it sit overnight before using).

Spray the plant at dusk making sure to cover each leaf and flower. Also try to get the stem, but don't soak the soil.

Answer by xanxan at 10:35 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Those beetle bags with the pheromone disc really work well! the beetles smell the pheromone and are attracted to it, fall in the bag and can't fly back out. After a few days, you take the full bag off and put a new one on. Easy!

Answer by jorrensmom at 11:15 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• How To Get Rid of Japanese Beetles |
    How to Get Rid of Japanese Beetles. Beetles are the number one pest of lawns. Japanese beetles, also known as popillia japonia, are invaders that we truly ... -

Answer by vbruno at 11:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• A natural repellent is an insecticide that contains Permethrin. It will kill the beetles but it will not be unsafe if anyone gets around it. Those beetle traps do work but to be honest they just draw more into your yard.

Answer by lisafc at 9:07 AM on Jul. 1, 2008