pcos an metformin

has anyone taking metformin last month an just found out they was pregnant i will start mines today again was taking them last month but i have to train myself to take them three times a day.i suffer with pcos,thyroids was taken out i am on meds for that i don't like the clomid it don't work.so anyone out there in the same boat i am.

sexylady35

Asked by sexylady35 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I've been on metformin since august 2010. I only take it 2x a day though. i was on clomid 50mg but it was not doing anything for me, so my doctor is upping my dosage to 100mg this month. I have not gotten pregnant on met yet, but ive heard good things about it. a girl i know on baby-gaga, got pregnant on metformin & clomid so there is hope yet!
    ashyy

Answer by ashyy at 6:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Metformin and clomid most often work the best when they are used together because most women who have PCOS are also insulin resistant. Metformin alone is a diabetic drug, not a fertility drug. In some women the regulation of insulin intake is enough to normalize hormones and there for allow for ovulation. However, many women need clomid or a similar drug to induce ovulation as well so I wouldn't count out clomid just yet.

Clomid isn't a bad drug as far as it's effectiveness is concerned although some of the side effects are less than wonderful but it doesn't work for everyone. Some women need further fertility treatment, particularly when PCOS is present.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've been taking Metformin and trying to conceive for the past two years with no luck yet. With my last baby we had been trying for 2 years as well and I had been taking Metformin 4 times a day for 7 months. Good luck to you!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 9:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010