Crying baby pushes mother to brink...

of insanity. Daddy is also as bothered by crying. Mommy asks Daddy to go buy a passy and he agrees even though they did not want baby to get used to having a passy.

He has taken one since he began teething and has been wanting it to bite on. He prefers to bite it rather than anything else.

Has anyone else ever gave in to something they insisted they weren't going to do?

Did you give your baby a passy to soothe them during the teething times?

:)

(Thought the headline would catch some attention.)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 5:59 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD fell forward at 3 mos, hitting the paci against her mouth, and she never wanted it after that.

She'll be 3 in November, and her alternative is suckling on her shirt, especially when she's tired or scared. When she's wearing a dress, you can see her full underwear and stomach when she lifts the hem up to suckle.

Some days I wish she never gave up that paci! lol
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If baby wasn't breastfed and had a strong oral need, I'd definitely give a paci. They do actually NEED to suck and bottles can't replace comfort sucking.

We always just nursed more during teething... I could tell when a tooth would come because frequency would increase.

For the record though, if he would latch on and you let him.. milk would probably follow. Latching is the hard part, milk is the easy part.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:33 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my son's grandma does this to my son ALL the time, he's 2 and if he wants something he will pitch a fit until she gets it for him.... HE DOES NOT DO THIS FOR ME!! he just knows that he will get what he wants from her
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I choose not to give my 3 boys a passy and I stuck with it; it was just my personal choice and thankfully I didn't cave. Some of my friends kept telling me that my now (13 month old) just wanted to suck on something, so I gave him the boob, LOL! I just never liked the passy, I didn't want the babies to depend on it for comfort and I've stuck to it. But I understand, sometimes desperate times calls for desperate measures and teething in babies is a desperate time :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'm unable to breastfeed and I'm not about to pop the boob out for him if there isn't anything coming from it. It may sound hateful to all the BFing moms, but you don't understand it from my perspective.

Personally I would rather give him the damned passy than hear the screaming from teething. Yeah, I'm easy. Lol, the crying makes me anxious.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• McDonalds. But, we were both SO hungry and low blood sugar on the highway and it was the only stop! Since he's had it again. Bad mommy.
    jessica1219

Answer by jessica1219 at 6:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Lol, my little man sucks on his shirt, blanket, bib, carseat.... lol... anything within mouths distance!
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My body literally doesn't produce milk. It is really wierd and saddening.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I agree with everything Leanne said, though I don't know your personal medical stuff. There is a small percentage of women who do not produce milk, and it is possible that you're in that percentage. If you don't mind me asking, how did you find this out? Meaning, did a dr tell you, or an IBCLC or did you determine it on your own? Don't answer if you don't want to :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Went to lactation centers, doctors and everything. Did tests and whatnot until they determined I was just not making milk.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Sep. 7, 2010