What are contractions i think im having them but i dont know...

I am only 7 months pregnant and about 7 to 8 times an hour i get a tightening in my lower stomach, its horribly painful. i asked the dr she said it was the braxon hicks, but now i feel like my uterus is coming out of my butt ( lol sorry dont know how else to explain it) im not sure if its still the braxton hicks. its been hard for me to walk cuz there is so much pressure... anyone have any advice?

NCSHAHAN

Asked by NCSHAHAN at 6:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Maybe go in...That's what I would do. Hope you're okay! :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• The first time I had one I thought that the baby was just moving around. Like trying to turn over. The doctor said "No thats a contraction!" :) Haha
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• braxtons hixs should not hurt that bad espiaccly pressure in the rear maybe ask a drs. nurse at the clinic
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If you were full term, I would say to wait it out. At this point, it might not hurt to give your OB or midwife a call to get checked out.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I agree with pp, Braxton-Hicks shouldn't hurt. I would go get checked, just to be on the safe side. Better safe then sorry!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• thats what i thought when i asked abotu the BH she said no more than 6 an hour, last night i had 5 in 20 mins....i think i should call the dr. it sucks cuz my dr is an hour away and i really dont have the money to drive that far....grrrr im not ready for this baby to come out yet...STAY IN THERE DAMIEN!!!
    NCSHAHAN

Comment by NCSHAHAN (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• call a family member, or friend and have them come to your house and drive you in...I agree, better safe than sorry... you don't want to have a baby by yourself at home
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• my bh contractions did cause a bit of pressure and they made me out of breath. the difference between real and bh conttractions is that they are not consistant! they are 15 minutes apart and them 5 and then 30 and than 24, if you can time them and they are consistantly, say 8 minutes apart then i would go in and make sure your not in labor.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 7:03 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I remember the first time I had BH I was on vacation and everyone I was with was passed out it hurt worse then I remember my contractions did when I was in labor I talked to my dr about it and she said that it was normal I was only 6 months pregnant. so I guess its normal but even know the drive can be a pain if you are still insure after hrs and it has not gone away go to the emergency room
    Kennithsmom233

Answer by Kennithsmom233 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010