Have you found out why your sabotaging your weightloss succes?

I haven't yet, but I will. For some reason I get my payoff out of beeing overweight. It's a save place. A shelter. But from what?
What are you hiding from?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I do this too. I do really well for a while and then just stop. Because of it I can't seem to get below 190 lbs. Ironically I just started working out again this morning. I'm hoping to stick with it.

I don't know why I stop at times. I think for me it's that I am afraid. I don't know why. I just am.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have always had a really hard time losing weight and i would start something but because of my busy schedual ect i would stop, but i have actually found a great product that has alreay helped me lose around 4lbs and 5 inches over the past 5 days and the best part is it is all natural, no drugs, stimulants or side effects Pm me if you would like to know more, it has really helped me and many others already.
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 8:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I got depression in my 3rd pregnancy and food is a huge comfort for me. I just can't seem to shake the lbs and that's what adds to my depression. It's a visious cycle.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Food is really addictive...we all at some point use it for emotional comfort..its been really hard for me to overcome the emotional aspect of eating but it can be done...its about having self awareness and trying to work through what you are trying to numb. I think that is probably the biggest reason people fail...I could be wrong..but it seems plausible..I mean we have so many stressors in our lives these days!
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• beachmom i feel the same way but if i had someone to compete with or push me further i would do it! because right now im just a procrastinator and just keep putting off exercising!
    bammamamma3

Answer by bammamamma3 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• sometimes it's just easier to grab that _________and eat it,than to take the time to really think about it. it's hard to stay motivated when you are doing the same thing everyday. i need to lose a lot of weight and if i look at that factor, i'm not up with it, so i like to look at the weight loss in increments of 10lbs. if i don't lose anything that week, then i still see it as a win because i held my own. but i hear you about the sabotoge, i'm my own worst enemy.
    carlapaige

Answer by carlapaige at 4:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I'm with AmandaH up there - third one depression hit and honestly, I think it's better not to yo-yo diet so that way when I want too one will work... Um.. still waiting for that motivating factor to kick in. Course I love the excuses when I can get em - Doc says it's my birth control or my mood med.. okay, whatever. I'm still eating the Pepperidge Farm cookies, I know if I put it down that might help... but eh.... comfort zone, comfort life and nothing being said otherwise so heck....
    notjustamom380

Answer by notjustamom380 at 3:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2008