I think I ruined my good glass pyrex 9x13, help me salvage it if possible!

I have a nice Pyrex 9x13 baking dish and I used it to cook some ribs on the grill the other day, of course some of the sauce got burnt onto the dish but I thought with a good scubbing it would come off, well, no dice. I soaked it in vinegar for a couple of hours thinking that the acidity of the vinegar would break down the crusty burnt sauce but that didn't work either. I use heavy duty scouring pads on all of my dishes so it isn't as though I am using a soft scrubber, but I am at my wits end here, I do not have hot water on demand but that isn't a prroblem, I have a pot and a stove, lol. So break out the advice ladies I need it, this is my Favorite dish =(

MilkingMomma

Asked by MilkingMomma at 6:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Try soaking it in water and Fantastic spray cleaner over night. Fantastic is a de-greaser & it will probably clean it off.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Baking soda, a little soap and heat on the stove- let the boiling water loosen the crusted on stuff- then scrub off.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I can put it on direct flame like on the stovetop?
    MilkingMomma

Comment by MilkingMomma (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• What about the spray meant for spraying inside your oven to clean it? I would try that. It works great on getting the oven clean even the little window. I would think it would work on that too.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would not put it directly on the stovetop.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 6:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Get a heavy-duty all-purpose cleaner, spray it on and let it sit, spraying again every so often. It'll take a while, but it'll eventually come off - if your cleaner & patience are up to it! I haven't put mine on the grill, but I've tortured it in the oven a few times and it can take a couple of days once in a while but it will come clean! Also - I picked up this funky scrubby thing in the grocery store a while back, it's meant for getting gunk off of stainless steel pans, but it works wonderfully on glass pans like that too!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 7:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You could also try to put in in a pan full of water and bake it in the oven. Hopefully the water will get REALLY hot and loosen the burn marks off.

Or, try - very carefully!!!) to scrape at it with a flat razor blade, like trying to take tape off a window.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:55 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I found this through google. GL
    http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf52970492.tip.html
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:22 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have found MelaMagic, Tough&Tender and Sol-U-Mel work great at getting most anything clean - I love them because they are non-toxic and work great - you can take a look at the products at www.saferforyourhome.com - these are the only products that I use in my home and I have had great success with stains and burnt on messes :) Please let me know if you would like anymore info. Good Luck!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Lay a dryer softener sheet in the pyrex dish. Pur in enough hot water to cover the sheet and anything stuck in the pan. Let it sit overnight, then wash the pan. It should come right out.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010