at what age is it okay for your child to start looking at porn?

we all know young people, especially teenagers watch/look at porn. what is the appropriate age that you could catch your child looking at porn and not be upset? or do they need to just become better at hiding it?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 6:37 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think under 12 would freak me out the most lol. If they were 12 or over, I'd just be like "OMG! Be more careful!" and run away lol. At that age, I know it's normal.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Never. And not all young people look at porn.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• No,they don't all look at porn, thre is no good age for teens to see porn,....and I don't think anyone needs to look at porn. But that is the way our family and friends feel, MAybe we are all old fuddy-duddies but...porn corrupts love.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Where are you getting the idea that ALL kids watch porn so just give it to them! WTF! Why don't you just give them a pack of cigs and a beer if they want that too.
    I was a kid once, and I did not look at porn, nor did my husband, who was also a virgin until he was 20. I am not a prude, and actually don't mind porn between consenting couples. Handing a kid porn at age twelve when he's trying to figure out who he is and what this whole sex thing about is like taking white sheets and crapping all over them before you make the bed. Why not a positive view on sex. I'm not talking about kids masturbating, I'm talking about porn. So go ahead and thumbs down me, that's what you do when people don't think like you!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Porn gives such a distorted view of sex. It's completely inappropriate for a CHILD of any age. Once they are an adult they can do as they please.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 6:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• When he moves out! LOL! No really I don't know the answer to that yet :) He is still a baby.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'd say as soon as he isn't a child
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• When he is not living under my roof he can do what he likes. In my home he will be expected to follow our rules.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Umm, when he is grown and has a place of his own? My husband doesn't look at porn, why would my child. Contrary to some opinion, not everyone looks at porn.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would say early teen years or even pre-teen. Kids/teens are curious and it's bound to happen. I wouldn't be upset I think it's natural to want to look at things that are "adult" when your growing up!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010