Ectopic Pregnancy

So last night at 9pm I decided to go to the ER for sharp pain in my right side knowing I was 6 weeks pregnant. I had an ectopic pregnancy. By 2am I was in emergency surgery and by 3am I was babyless. Ontop of it all the only bed they had available for my recovery was on the postpardum floor. I'm not really upset, but in the same instance I have been in pain all night and most of the day. I don't really know how to feel ... anyone else ever felt this way?

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• im sorry for your loss. i havnt had to go through anything like this but i know its common. and good luck of your planning on trying again.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I would imagine you feel exhausted, shocked, and full of greif. There are people you can talk to about your loss, and I would recommend that you allow yourself to start the greiving process, and seek help..talk to your partner, if he's in the picture, and keep communicating how you feel. Don't bottle things up; talk them out, or cry them out, if you need to. I'm sorry for your loss, dear.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 6:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• yes oh im so sorry you just took me back to last october i felt the same way after i had emergency surgery they put me in the baby ward and the nurse made the mistake of giving me things for my "memories" i could hear the baby music play and bbies crying and i walked out and it was like nothing happened. take your pain meds and talk to your dr about postpartum bc i ddt know you can have it after an early loss but you can bc the drop in hormones i hit a very deep depression(i had a history of depression anyways) but its hard and if ppl shove it under the rug it makes it worse that was my fourth loss. hopefully you will heal perfect here i am less than a yr later about to have a girl keep the faith
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't have the exact same situation but I remember feeling completely shocked and alone after my miscarriages. Look into greif couseling if you think you need it and check out the pregancy loss section on cafemom. It helped me a lot. Hugs to you.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I had an ectopic pregnancy in sept 2008. I dont really have any good advise for you though because I was upset over it all the way until I got pregnant again a couple months later. My husband, family, and friends helped me stay positive through the whole thing so that really helped. And as soon as I was up for it we started trying again, I wanted a baby soooo bad I couldnt even wait the two months they recommend waiting before ttc again. But everything worked out and I now have two healthy babies.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 12:37 AM on Sep. 8, 2010