Online College vs On Campus?

I am starting a full time job next week, and i am currently going for my bachelors in healthcare managment, but i want to transfer out of the school i am going to because it is expensive. The program im looking at getting in is Medical Assistant. The medical assistant program is fully online, and the hcm one is not. which is a better fit or idea? it'll take me 24 months or less to get my associates in science for the medical assistant one..

ashyy

Asked by ashyy at 6:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in

• Online requires you to be VERY self-motivated. Also, I would check into any college you choose to tend online. Some of them are not as reputable as others. I know employers that flat out refuse to hire anyone from a few of them. If it's on their resume, it's trashed asap.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 6:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• everybody is different, but i tried to take a course online once and i could not do it. it was way too hard. all reading, no interaction.. the program was confusing. i dropped it immediatley and went back to on campus.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I liked online because it fit around my schedule better but it was expensive! I now go on campus, although I do not like having to re route my schedule for my few classes it is much more affordable.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Really?? Im looking into Herzing online. There is a campus in my state, but its 2hours away from where we will be moving. I had gone to kaplan online previously & did not care for them that much..My college right now is a private college..so it costs almost 20 grand a year to go there.
    ashyy

Comment by ashyy (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i go to sullivan university online right now and in the medical field also and i will tell you that online is way more expensive then the campus. i wish i could transfer to a campus somewhere to save some moeny . it is more conviente so if that is what you want then yes it would work but would be more money
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• How many credits will the new school take from your current school? I find online classes more difficult personally. The student/class/professor interaction make a better experience even though I love to be online. The forums online are useful, but I do not use them enough while I am taking a course. Make sure your school is appropriately accredited (whether online or on site). There is nationally and regionally accreditation as well as career specific. Your personal learning style and famly/job commitments may make being self-directed easier or harder (for me it was harder). Most campus site colleges have job placement services you can use after you graduate. Good luck with your decision.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 7:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'd choose campus over online any day but online is more convenient for me atm.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Online is ok as long as it's an accredited college. Research them before you do it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• My current school told me they will NOT transfer any of my credits at all. i love rasmussen i really do, but its costing me over 10 grand a year just to go there. ..herzing it'll come out to 19,000 for almost 2 years which isnt bad at all.
    ashyy

Comment by ashyy (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would only do online classes from a college. I know 2 people who are both teachers and the one who went to a "real" college makes more than the one who went to one of the online only schools because of the kind of teaching degree she can get. Also online classes cost more believe it or not.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2010