what did you do for 1st birthday party?

So I'm having over some friends for my twins first birthday
there will be a 5 month old baby, a baby their age, their 3 year old cousin and a 3 1/2 year old.

then theres going to be a 9 year old 12 year old and 14 year old and the rest are adults, around my own age (21) and a few older. all in all about 25 people including the kids

my mom made a really cute mickey mouse bean bag toss for the older kids, but basically just for the two 3 year olds... other than that i dont have any games planned

what did you guys do for your parties? should I prepare games for adults or just keep it casual and mingle, and show off pictures of my boys while the kids play???

suggestions? thanksss

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we had my sons at a park, so we had the park and some footballs and frisbees, and besides that, we got a pinata for the older kids. no other games...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• for my daughters first birthday they were happy with the balloons and the kiddie pool in the yard. im notso sure about activities for the 12 and 14 year olds but all the younger ones will be content with simplicity.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• If your having the party in your home the 9, 12, and 14 year old will probably be content watching TV ... just have maybe a seperate room with a couple of board games or something or just have the TV on and tell them they can order a movie or something...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We went to Chucky Cheese :)...i wouldnt worry much about the adults...bcuz adults like playing kid games too! :)...also seeing the little ones smile is exciting altogether...HAve FUN!!...oh yeah and the 9, 12 and 14 can help with the party like passing things out, serving food..prepring the games ect..:)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 7:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• We just had a party at my parents house. We had a tent outside and the kids played with a ball and a bean bag game. Otherwise they were busy eating, watching my daughter open presents, and having cake. We had brought our Wii game but nobody played. Everyone stayed outside and enjoyed the day.
    lala9

Answer by lala9 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• all i did was family for her first bday..so i guess im of no help..i would just keep it simple tho.simple and mingle is a good way to go
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010