Need Help!!

My Dh and i are in a rut after only 2 years of marriage. It seem's like all he want's to do is play online role playing games, I have tried to come down to his level and play the games with him so we can spend some time together...But he play's till like really late into the night and do not go to bed till after 2 and 3 am..I am usually in the bed sound to sleep by then because i have to wake up early in the morning with our dd (22 months old). We have not been intimate for like 2 months now. We do not talk any more because it always end's up in a argument and i don't want to be arguing with him in front of our dd!
I am at my wit's end here! I am tring everything to reconnect with him, but it's like all he keeps doing is pushing me away!I realize that we have no money and we are currently not working is putting stress on us. If you have any advise for me it would be appreciated . Thank -you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to parade naked in front of him while he plays, and if that doesn't work, then you have a problem......

Answer by older at 7:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Tell him to stop playing childish games and get off his ass and get a job.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• You may need to get counselling because he should not be that addicted that he cannot function. Even if it's you all sit around the dinner table together and talk for 30mins. Build it up over time. If he refuses then it could mean big trouble because once a person refuses to change there is nothing you can do.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 7:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• when he goes to bed throw away every game you have in the house or send it to a goodwill
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• In my experience, when someone turns that heavily into online gaming, it's because of depression. With a lack of job, moving, health, a baby, you have a lot on your plate. Turning to gaming, where no one knows who you are and you can pretend to be someone else is appealing and other people thinking you are awesome because of how you play can be a huge ego boost. The problem is that there is nothing you can really do right now until he realizes what a problem this is and wants to improve the situation. You may have to put your foot down and say you are moving out with your daughter before he'll realize he's got a problem.

When's the appt? Are you both looking for jobs now? It's a really tough economy, that might be what is throwing him into the games too. I've been in your shoes and in his, so if I can help, please don't hesitate to PM me. And I'd recommend counseling when you can afford it. Good luck!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 7:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I guess i have a problem, cause walking around naked don't work! LOL
    He is not Lazy, He has just got sick is waiting on a dr appointment to get a ct scan done and allergy test done, then we are moving and we are both going to get a job! But whenever i mention this to him he gets upset and say's he don't want to talk about it! I am only human i would love to be able to sit and have a conversation with my husband .....is that too much to ask?
    And i have told him to stop playing the dumb games and play with me and he just shrugs it off and laughs and continue's playing his game!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Tell him how all of this is making you feel. Give him an ultimatum
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 7, 2010