retail job

i make 8.oo an hour,,,,,,i work w, all older people ....60's and 70's ..the manager's are so mean ,,,,,,nitpicking ..bitch about every little thing.....i left crying fri.......is it worth it for 8.oo???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• I would say that it's so not worth it. If you're leaving work crying there's definitely something wrong. Retail work is a dime a dozen. Find another place to work.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Thank you..i feel like if i quit im a loser..........im very picky w. jobs and dont last.....I was a stay at home mom for 13 years and cant stand being told what to do
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Oh wow. I was getting ready to come and ask a question myself about this. The owner boss was encouraging a hostile work environment, by his own actions. Yelling and cursing at his target of the day. Thursday was my turn to be target du jour He came up behind me and was literally jabbing me in the back and yelling at me. No reason, just to do it. I held my ground and told him not to touch me. Well, he did it again. I finished up and left. Although, things will be tight until I secure another job. I did what my beliefs and self worth told me to do.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 7:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I feel like my husband will be mad cause of $$$.I cant belive it happened to you also. What is wrong w. people???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• You have rights as an employee...go to your Human Resource Department (at corporate head quarters if you must) and file a complaint against people like this if they do not stop at your asking. Anger/hostility displayed in the workplace is unprofessional and unnecessary.
    MamaKush

Answer by MamaKush at 10:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Start applying for jobs now. You can easily find retail work with the holidays coming up. When you know you have a job, then quit this one. That way the hubby won't be mad and you can get out of there!
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I work in retail change while you can it does not get any better especially with the holidays comming!
    olleyblu28

Answer by olleyblu28 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 15, 2008