white/green poop?

my son just started whole milk. he is 11 1/2 months. hes been kind of constipated which I assume is from the milk. (he was on formula, smiliac sensitive)
but his poop has been a really pale green/white color its really weird
is this normal?
and what can i do to help his constipation? ive been pushing fruits and oranges he doesn't want a lot of water but I try to give him some

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter was the same way give her more real foods than you do milk it will change the color that is if your worried lol i was a little also
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 6:56 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• White poop can be indicative of having no bile in the system and can be caused by liver,gall bladder or intestine issues. You should really ask your pedi about this.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I'd give your pediatrician's office a call and just check this with them. Poop can be lots of different colors without any problem but since you just changed the diet, I'd check and see what they advise.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• White can also have something to do with not processing the milk well, my daughter had this problem for a while and turns out neither of us can handle pasturized milk, the green (if not eating tons of green foods) would be passing protein says my midwife
    Anna S.

Answer by Anna S. at 10:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010