traveling husband

My husband needs to go away next week for 5 days ....I hate it,,i have 3 kids ...i feel like im not going to be able to handle this,,,,,Evryone says enjoy it and i wont have to cook,,,,,na na na ......i hate being alone at night ,,im so stressed over this,,,,,,,,,We will never talk,,,,,,there is a time difference .....I watch too much tv and i worry that he will be bad,,,,,,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• My husband's in the military and he's gone a lot and for long periods of time too. I know the beginning and the end, no matter if it's a week or a few months, is the hardest. You feel like a part time single mom.

But the homecomming is great and something to look forward to. Talk to him before he goes. Let him know how you feel. He might have similar feelings. Try to talk even with the time difference. It'll help.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 6:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Has he been bad in the past when he went away like that? I guess if he has, I'd be worried too. But, if he hasn't, then give the poor guy a chance.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My DH is gone this week too!! And he is home for a few days and then gone again for another week. He rarely travels but this month is all crazy. I hate being alone too and I have a toddler so it can be hectic. We do talk to each other like twice a day. He calls me to tell me what he ate for dinner and that he is going down to the lounge with his boss. He has never been bad as far as I know but sure I think every woman thinks about their man being bad while he is away in some strange place with a hotel room at his disposal. Just have faith
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 7:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• ya isnt horribble?? what do u do to sleep? or do you??? i know trust is the key...you just hear so much..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I know how you feel my husband is actually away right now for 1 month and 1/2 and last year he was gone for 7 1/2 months we are military and i have 2 small children it is never easy when they are away but like amethystrse said the homecoming is great, my husband is Military too. He goes away alot and it doesn't get any easier he actually missed the birth of our daughter by 1 week while he was over in Sri Lanka helping with Katrina tsunami clean up ect, it sucked but it's like the distnace makes us stronger.
    MyO3WorldMomma

Answer by MyO3WorldMomma at 8:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My husband travels a lot with his job and you learn to deal with it, try not to stress or you will drive yourself crazy. Just because there is a time difference doesn't mean you won't be able to talk and unless he has cheated in the past I wouldn't worry about it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my husband is gone all the time....he is only home like 3 weekends out of the month. You will get through it. I have three kids and I am going to college full time. I felt the same way when he first started. Do you not trust him though cause if he hasn't given you any reason to think that he would be 'bad' that might be a little much. It will go by fast.
    ronronsbeauty

Answer by ronronsbeauty at 8:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i feel ur pain girl but a week....lol....my guy just got back from Iraq he was gone a year..... it will be fine you will see.....
    nanawanda

Answer by nanawanda at 9:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'm sorry. I always hated it when my dh traveled a lot. We had several kids at the time, too (we have 8 now, but back then we had 3). It was tough and I felt the same way at night. I eventually got a good watchdog so I could sleep better. And if you're worried about his behavior, you'd better talk to him about that part.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• First, why do you think he'd be "bad"? Has he given you reason not to trust him? Or are you just being insecure? 5 days is a walk in the park, honey, believe me. I believe you are over-reacting on this one. I would like to think that after 3 kids you have some experience with life? Have you never spent time on your own? Instead of dwelling on the negative, how about looking at it as a positive? Plan activities you can do with your kids to keep yourself and them occupied and make the time go faster. Use the time you have to yourself in the evenings to do something nice for yourself.
    My husband was away for more than a year when my kids were 7, 6, and 1. It's hard to do it all yourself for that length of time. 5 days I could have done blindfolded and standing on my head :)
    You'll get through it, and when you do, you'll think to yourself "Wow, I was worried about *that*???"
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008