my child has displayed subtle eye and lip twitches. she is now almost six months. does it mean anything? I will ask my pedi. No on would really notice it but me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would most definitley ask your doc. That's not normal and needs to be checked out asap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I'd ask the doc but it could be something as small as a twitch (sometimes they call it a tick). My uncle when he was little used to twitch his eye.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I hope it's nothing but it sounds like a nerve system disorder,maybe not quite that term but definetly your nerves can do that. Like certain nervous conditions where peoplecan't control there body as well as facial muscles. Ask peditrician,if you as a mommy really feel like your doc overlooks this,try a different doc..I am sure there is a specialist like a neurologist (althou for brain they have knowledge of these things because any condition of the nerve has a relation to the brain)which may be able to help. I hope the suggestion helps,goodluck and God bless you & your baby.
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 11:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My 4 year old niece is going through this now! She has seen several doctors for different opions and all say , dry eye!!! Her one eye twitches consantly, I have been so worried about her and told her mother to seek opions she has had 6 all saying the same, dry eye. When you look at her it is constant , I feel so bad for her. Hopefully they are right , it is not something more serious! But 6 doctors say that is what it is , so who am I to argue.
    kellyd1030

Answer by kellyd1030 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• thankyou for you answer I notice the eye this happens to though has tears and the other doesnt/....I will check it out...it only happens here and there..
    I hope all is well with your niece..All doctors cant be wrong. She may grow out of it!
    Anonymous