Nightmares

I've been having terrible nightmares that have nothing to do with me. nightmares about chases or dark figures trying to take something. i started getting these nightmares shortly after i found out i was pregnant, my step father says that it normal to have nightmares during pregnancy ,that it's not normal to not have nightmares. but i don't understand if it's normal shouldn't they be some what about the baby or about me after the baby arrives.there not there strange almost as if somethings trying to tell me that something terrible is going to happen if i have this baby.

emomother

Asked by emomother at 7:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Apparently is IS normal! When your progesterone level goes up, it makes your dreams into weird dreams, nightmares, or really good ones - all of them vivid. Don't worry, you're not alone. I had dreams of beating up someone with a salami stick, and murdering the Burger King because he stole my hotel room from me (WEIRD). I'm still waiting for a good one, lol. Don't worry about it, though. It'll eventually pass.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 8:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I have had lots of nightmares since I've been prego...only one really worried me, and it was when my fiance was gone out of town and I dreamed about him being hurt all night... The rest were just craziness...lol.
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 8:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• It is ok to have them.. when i was 6 months i would wake up in the middle of the night cause i felt like my teeth was falling out..lol..they will go away...
    s.bryant

Answer by s.bryant at 8:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• my teeth always feel like they are falling out! i have strange dreams too like my boyfreind is rock climbing and gets sucked into the rock wall! and i have another where i am running carring a huge blanket and it is crushing me... i have these two every night. they are normal and nothing to worry about!
    good luck
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Never had a problem with them during the pregnancy till the last 3 weeks..it seems every other night im waking up from some aweful dream.
    fire_girl7281

Answer by fire_girl7281 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• i havent had night mares yet but when i do i dream of things that happen... i dreamed that a boy would get into a terrible accident and burn alive in his car.. 6 months after my son was born it happened to a friend of my husbands... and his mom was my friend... another one was a train accident and i havent seen that one happen yet.. it could be cowinkydink about the first dream... but idk it scared the crap outa me when it happened!!!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 8:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• NIghtmares are perfectly normal when your pregnant. With my first I hit my husband becase I'd dreamed he'd cheated on me. My second pregnancy I had the strangest dreams that made absolutely no sense and had no relativety to my baby. Also I cheated on my husband in some! lol Dream payback, how evil! My third pregnancy I had a horrible nightmare that I left the baby at the hospital because I had too much stuff to do. Between me, my husband and my mom we all took turns being at the hospital for the baby.
    Your pregnancy dreams can be crazy, related or not related. But if you feel that your dreams are trying to tell you that bad things will come if you have this baby then you should talk to someone. There may be more to this.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Dreams are reflective of you subconcious and are reflections of you. Each person, place and thing represents something about you. So a dark figure doesnt necessarily have to be death. It could be fear, stress or worry. Chases...it could be you feel you are running away from something or that something is catching up with you. Like the pregnancy as it progresses possibly. Only you can really figure out how your dreams relate to you, but dont worry too much. It seems to be rather normal. Your body is changing and you have a lot on your mind getting ready to bring a baby into the world. Hang in there. You will be fine!
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 3:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2008