When should I make this cake?

I am entering a cake into the fair.. It is due on monday for judgeing... I have a lot of decorating to do on the cake. How soon can I bake and start decorating and for it to stay pretty fresh? It will probably take me atleast 6 hours to decorate

I dont think it will be eaten, but I know it maybe a possibility.
I am covering it in icing not fondant. So I need some ideas on when I can bake and start decorating this large cake?

Thanks

MommySteph1011

Asked by MommySteph1011 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Bake it and freeze it. Then crumb coat it. Then refreeze it. Then bring it out let it temper and cover it with your fondant.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i would say bake it the day before, let it cool completely, then wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. then you can decorate it the next day and take your time. so i guess bake on sat., decorate on sun. and take it on monday morning
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010