College Online?

Have you done this? Do you know someone who has? Which school, how much does it cost, how do you go about getting aid? Do employers take you seriously if all you have is an online education? I'm interested in Accounting, and if I found something online, I could start as soon as next year, instead of 2 years from now, at a community college...but I worry about it being legit, and taken seriously.

sojourner.

Asked by sojourner. at 7:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in

• Make sure the college is accredited and has transferable credits to a state or community college. As for grants, type grants in google and the world of info will be at your fingertips. Make sure you only go to the FAFSA goverment site - it is free. Good Luck to you!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 7:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• That's what I want to do as well so we are in the same boat.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've been doing online classes through my local community college and it costs the same as if I were to attend the actually college for courses on campus.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 7:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have been taking ALL of my classes online for the past 2.5 yrs. I take it through one of our LOCAL STATE colleges here in the area. You should look into it. It's safer to pick a local, state college because you know they are accredited. If you know you are not dedicated and disciplined, then I would NOT suggest online courses for you. If you know that you can follow a schedule then jump right in! Good luck!
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:15 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• ALSO-there is NO easy way to do school. If you are wanting financial aid you need to google FASFA and apply online with the college codes. You will not be able to find an easy way to do accounting. If I were you, and you seriously want to get into it, then you need to start at a state college and go from there.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• It depends on what you want to get out of it. There is no online college that would give me the same experiences as I had while earning my Masters in Biology. There are some good online colleges for topics such as computers, business and writing, but you do have to research any school you intend on giving money to.

Also, if your choices are getting some online education OR not having the resources to get to a community college, the online education beats out getting nothing, right? Just choose your school wisely. Good luck!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:35 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• try webster.edu
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

Next question in
Online College vs On Campus?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
12 Wk Appt.