How can I run a birthday party for my turning 10 yr old girl w/ a rambunctious pup and no help?

Its the curse of my life...I can neverget any help in doing things for my kids...Dont get me wrong...I know moms are busy...Im just saying I dont know anyone who I can ask to lend a hand, w/ a bday patry at my house for example; family is few and far away; inalws are far away and not interested in helping, etc...Can u guys suggest anything? Oh yeah, and this yr we have a high energy 7 month old pup and daughters wants a sleepover; I hate to disappoint her, but I just dont see how its possible; I worry bout pup jumping and nipping someone...

beetlejuice63

Asked by beetlejuice63 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Take your dog to a kennel for the night. You can devote your time to your daughter and her party and your puppy can get some social time in with other dogs.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Put the dog away; in a crate, outside or in a room where no one goes. You can also try teaching the dog soe manners beforehand.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 8:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I would relax a little and take a deep breath. If she really wants a sleep over and you are okay with that then I would let her invite 3 friends over, that way there are 4 girls. You could let them have a little make over party were they do each others hair and nails.

Then you could decorate cup cakes, instead of having cake.

Next I would let them pick out a movie and have pop corn, or something like that, for them. let them watch the movie and tell them after it is over lights out. They may talk and what not, I think that is fine.

I would also make sure the parents know what time in the morning the kids should be picked up. Set the rules about the dog right off the bat and if you have to you may need to keep her in a separate room for a little while.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2008