Does anyone know how long it takes alcohol to get out of your system

I made the decision to stop breastfeeding a couple of days ago. The day I decided to stop breastfeeding, I had consumed less the equivilant of 1 beer. When I got home that night I thought about my baby and decided that I should continue to breastfeed. I would like to breastfeed my baby again but I am fearful having consumed alcohol.

qustnmrk28

Asked by qustnmrk28 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You should be okay. You can't make alcohol pass through your system any faster than it will normally be metabolized. You'll be just fine, mama, and congratulations on your decision to continue breastfeeding!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Legal to drive, safe to nurse. Less than one beer a couple of days ago is LONG gone and was never a problem in the first place. Krysta is totally right.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:50 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• well i only ever drink 1 or 2 drinks and then wait 2 hours after i'm done to nurse. if it's been a couple of days, you do not have to worry at all! :) you can breastfeed your baby and that will be the healthiest food for baby!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• One drink you can nurse. Any more then 1-2 drinks I'd wait 2-3 hrs per drink before nursing. When your blood alcohol is at the legal driving limit, you can safely nurse. But with one drink, if you aren't drunk, you don't have to wait.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• 1 to 2 drinks dont hurt anything but after that i would wait an hour or two just to be sure but really if its a beer or something with little alcohol it should be okay with more than two if its hard liqour i would really wait
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've never consumed alcohol, but I have seen kits at Babies "R" Us that yu can take and it will tell you if your milk is safe.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I don't know exactly, but my husband always tells me that no matter what i should wait at least 8 hours before doing anything driving breast feeding or anything just to be on the safe side of things.
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 1:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010