Babysitting rates?

How much should i pay someone for this...I have 5 yr old autistic son with a language disorder.I live in a small town and cannot find any additional sevices for him outside of school.He does well in a classroom setting.So we are planning on turning a room into a mini classroom.What we would want is for someone to work with him for an hour a day,3 days a week.Just working with him on basic things.Writing,reading and drawing.I would work with him but he needs alot of attention.And i have a 16 month old.Plus the fact is that he listens better to other people then he does me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have no idea how much you should pay. Rates where I live (decent sized city in the south) are anywhere from 7.50 to 12.00 an hour. I typically pay 10. That's for one child, no extenuating circumstances.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 7:46 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Ya I would say for 3 days a week pay them $35 a week.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010