Non stop barking dogs.....what's your solution?

I'm asking this for my inlaws.

The sis in law that lives above has numerous chihuahuas that bark ALL day EVERY day unless they're inside with her. I don't think they want to set off the ticking time bomb of her wrath, so this has been going on for years and the number of yappy dogs keeps growing.

Any suggestions for them? What have you done before? I feel bad for them dealing with this. That high pitch sound for hours on end...... ugh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Pets

• I understand that spraying with water will do it. It will take a couple of days of consistent attention. But probably be worth it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Most cities have noise limits. I'd call check
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• This is in the country on the "family" property. If they call the county sherriffs I''m sure a HUGE family feud would begin...
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 7:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Have they talked to her about it?
    Janet

Answer by Janet at 8:27 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Her husband.... I think they're concerned for more backlash. She's pretty classless....It can get pretty intense. They don't want to hurt the dogs. So....no one reall has a solution... Husband says "do what you've gotta do"......
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 9:28 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Dogs DO have a need to communicate. Have you tried playing with them instead of just whining about their talking?
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:45 AM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The Ultrasonic Barking Dog Deterrent.
    Disguised as a birdhouse, this patented outdoor behavior modification device quickly and humanely restores peace and quiet for those vexed by a dog's barking. When a dog barks within range of the birdhouse, it emits a harmless ultrasonic tone, inaudible to humans, that startles the animal into silence. The dog quickly associates its bark with the unpleasant sound, which conditions him to curb this undesirable behavior. An on/off switch with three sensitivity levels (15', 30', 50') lets you control the unit's effective range, and a test mode enables you to verify the device is functioning properly. Its weatherproof ABS cabinet can be hung from a tree limb, mounted to a fence post, or hung on a wall (for best results, install less than 5' off the ground). Requires one 9-volt battery that provides power for about two months, and an LED indicates battery life. Hammacher Schlemmer
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• spray bottle like you use for wetting youre hair etc turn nozzel so its a stream and sqirt them theyll learn works on dogs for any bad behavior and its not cruel
    charles289

Answer by charles289 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• yeah talk to her
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2010

• Yes. We have tried playing with them. But.....we really don't want 10+ dogs coming down to this property all the time because they hate it at home. Not thank you.

The problem is there are just too many dogs.....Period. We are not whining, just acknowledging their irresponsible behavior. She's too busy playing farmville all day to pay attention to her REAL farm;) Sad.... The problem will be taken care of shortly so the dogs can have the homes they deserve.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 10:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2010