Would another Aiden make you roll your eyes? lol

It's a nice name and ordinarily I'd love it...but I've heard the name so much I'm cringing that hubby likes it. It the ONLY name he likes and he's looked through 2500 of them--twice! I'm not going to make a fuss about it, but I think it has hit that too popular mark. That and it's cousins Brayden, Hayden, Cayden, Jaiden, so on and so forth. What do you think when you hear it?

Camey82

Asked by Camey82 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 7, 2010 in Baby Names

• I love it. The only time I have ever heard it is on my Soap, and that guy is quite sexy!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:49 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have always like the name Aiden, I know the cutes boy with that name, he is sooo sweet. One of those ones you just want to scoop up in your arms.

If you 2 like it, thats all that matters.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I've always liked Aiden, even before it was really popular. In high school I was a big fan of a band called Aiden and that's when I started loving it. I personally only know one Aiden and he's not even a year old yet. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Yes, but I could so go for another Ayden! Or Aydan, or Aden.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 7:52 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• Aiden was a name DH and I considered but didn't like the way it sounded with our last name. Still like the name. Even though it is hugely popular, there isn't one in any of my 3 kids' grades. I think there are only 2 in the whole school and one whose name is pronounced Ah-deen instead of Ay-den.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:57 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I love the name thats my friends childs middle name
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• @ Balagan, it's funny you say that. Ah-deen is actually the Hebrew pronunciation of the name. That's partly the reason it's on the in the first place, because it's Hebrew. We wouldn't pronounce it like that though.
    Camey82

Comment by Camey82 (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• i'm like you, i like the name but think it's so popular, and especially with so many names that rhyme with it being so popular. but i wouldn't think "ugh why did they name their child that?" it's kind of like jennifer in the 80s, just because there were so many doesn't make it a bad name :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I don't know a single Aiden lol. The only place I hear it is on here, so I still like it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2010

• I have 4 children in elementary school and I'm looking at their class lists right now. In 4 classrooms of 25 children each, there is only one Aiden.
    Yes, it's popular, but it's not as bad as many say. And really? What matters is that you and your husband like it. There will be no other Aiden like yours, he will be his own person. It's a great name - if you like it, use it!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:42 PM on Sep. 7, 2010